Senior Living in 17033 (Hershey, PA)
- 17033 scores the same as the Hershey, PA average of 75.
- 17033 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17033 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Milton S Hershey Medical Center).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Meadows Retirement Communities, Columbia Cottage-Hershey, and Traditions of Hershey.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Hotel Hershey Golf Course, East Course at Hershey Country Club, and Spring Creek Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Hershey Gardens)..
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Church of the Brethren, St Joan of Arc Roman Catholic, and Conewago Church-the Brethren.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,370, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,892, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,787, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.98%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17033 has an average population density of 660.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.68%.