Senior Living in 17034 (Highspire, PA)
- 17034 scores the same as the Highspire, PA average of 78.
- 17034 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17034 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Pinnacle Health Hospitals and Harrisburg State Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Middletown Home, The Middletown Home, and Frey Village.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Dauphin Highlands Golf Course, Valley Green Golf Course, and Riverview Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Reservoir Park)..
- There are 160 churches nearby, including St Peter\'s Lutheran Church, Highspire United Methodist Chr, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,608, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,505, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,376, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17034 has a dense population density of 3,244.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.36%.