Senior Living in 17036 (Hummelstown, PA)
- 17036 scores the same as the Hummelstown, PA average of 80.
- 17036 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17036 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pinnacle Health Hospitals, and Harrisburg State Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Penn State Hershey Transitional Care, Country Meadows Retirement Communities, and Frey Village.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 142 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Beaver Bend Par 3, Spring Creek Golf Course, and Hotel Hershey Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Hershey Gardens and Reservoir Park).
- There are 199 churches nearby, including Mountain View Bible Church, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and St Johns Evangelical Lutheran.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,932, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,142, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,383, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.58%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17036 has an average population density of 801.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.33%.