Senior Living in 17037 (Ickesburg, PA)
- 17037 scores the same as the Ickesburg, PA average of 66.
- 17037 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17037 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Locust Grove Retirement Village, Brookline Manor and Rehabilitative Services, and Pine Creek Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Lost Creek Golf Club, Lewistown Country Club, and Indian Run Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Buttonwood Campground and Colonel Denning State Park).
- There are 27 churches nearby, including International Society, Tressler Lutheran Church, and Center Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,129, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,571, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,479, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17037 has a very sparse population density of 45.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.50%.