Senior Living in 17038 (Jonestown, PA)
- 17038 scores the same as the Jonestown, PA average of 68.
- 17038 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17038 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Countryside Christian Community, Hill Farm Estates, and Heritage Mill Personal Care Home .
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Blue Mountain View Golf Course, and Manada Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Swatara State Park, Jonestown KOA, and Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Jonestown United Methodist Chr, Ono United Methodist Church, and St Paul the Apostle Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,256, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,772, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,448, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.68%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17038 has a sparse population density of 114.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.98%.