Senior Living in 17040 (Landisburg, PA)
- 17040 scores the same as the Landisburg, PA average of 78.
- 17040 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17040 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Carlisle Regional Medical Ctr and Carlisle Regional Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Swaim Health Center, Sarah A. Todd Memorial Home, and ManorCare Health Services-Carlisle.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Penn-Del Golf Course, Carlisle Barracks Golf Course, and Carlisle Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Colonel Denning State Park, Dogwood Acres Campground, and Western Village RV Park.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Landisburg Charge, Center Presbyterian Church, and Tressler Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,000, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,391, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,510, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.06%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17040 has a very sparse population density of 55.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.89%.