Senior Living in 17041 (Lawn, PA)
- 17041 scores the same as the Lawn, PA average of 84.
- 17041 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17041 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Lebanon Va Medical Center, and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Twin Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Traditions of Hershey.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Rustic Meadows Camping & Golf, Par Line Golf Course, and East Course at Hershey Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (PA Dutch Country RV Resort)..
- There are 89 churches nearby, including Smoker John L, Kinney George G, and Ulrich Cd.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,355, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,917, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,019, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17041 has a sparse population density of 378.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.90%.