Senior Living in 17042 (Lebanon, PA)
- 17042 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the highest of any zip code in Lebanon, PA.
- 17042 scores higher than the Lebanon, PA average of 69.
- 17042 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17042 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lebanon Va Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Philhaven, Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Cornwall Manor, Elmcroft of Lebanon - Pennsylvania, and Linden Village.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Royal Oaks Golf Club, Iron Valley Golf Club, and Lebanon Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including PA Dutch Country RV Resort, Union Canal Tunnel Park, and Wolf Sanctuary of PA.
- There are 77 churches nearby, including Faith Baptist Church, First Baptist Church-Lebanon, and Church of the Brethren.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,418, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,797, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,721, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.84%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17042 has an average population density of 561.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.93%.