Senior Living in 17045 (Liverpool, PA)
- 17045 scores the same as the Liverpool, PA average of 67.
- 17045 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17045 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Manor at Susquehanna Village, Polk Personal Care, and Richfield Senior Living Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Harrisburg North Public Golf, Shade Mountain Golf Club, and Lost Creek Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve, and Fort Halifax Park.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Lutheran Church-Good Shepherd, St John Barner\'s Lutheran Chr, and Queen of Peace Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,695, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,056, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,028, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.97%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17045 has a very sparse population density of 85.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.15%.