Senior Living in 17046 (Lebanon, PA)
- 17046 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Lebanon, PA.
- 17046 scores lower than the Lebanon, PA average of 69.
- 17046 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17046 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lebanon Va Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Philhaven, Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Rothermel L. Caplan Transitional Care Unit, Heritage Commons, and Cedar Haven Healthcare Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Pine Meadows Golf Complex, Freeport Mills Golf Course, and Lebanon Valley Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Union Canal Tunnel Park and Jonestown KOA).
- There are 71 churches nearby, including St Cecila\'s Church, St Jacobs United Church, and God\'s Missionary Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,406, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,572, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,213, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.91%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17046 has an average population density of 779.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.20%.