Senior Living in 17052 (Mapleton Depot, PA)
- 17052 scores the same as the Mapleton Depot, PA average of 66.
- 17052 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17052 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodland Retirement Community, Huntingdon Hills Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, and Westminster Woods at Huntingdon.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including American Legion Country Club, Scotch Valley Country Club, and Sylvan Hills Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Susquehannock Campground, Trough Creek State Park, and Pleasant Hills Campground.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Stump Robert E, Clappertown C & MA, and Agape Farm.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,137, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,227, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,641, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17052 has a very sparse population density of 40.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.79%.