Senior Living in 17053 (Marysville, PA)
- 17053 scores the same as the Marysville, PA average of 85.
- 17053 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17053 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Holy Spirit Hospital, State Corr Inst At Camp Hill, and Edgewater Psychiatric Center.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Kinkora Pythian Home, The Bridges at Bent Creek, and Brookdale Grandon Farms.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 191 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Silver Spring Golf Course, Armitage Golf Course, and Rich Valley Golf.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Fort Hunter, Boyd Big Tree Conservation Area State Park, and Reservoir Park.
- There are 291 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Good Counsel Chr, Bethany United Methodist Chr, and Wesley United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,639, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,171, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,139, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.42%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17053 has a sparse population density of 173.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.57%.