Senior Living in 17055 (Mechanicsburg, PA)
- 17055 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the highest of any zip code in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- 17055 scores higher than the Mechanicsburg, PA average of 79.
- 17055 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17055 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Rehabilitation, Holy Spirit Hospital, and State Corr Inst At Camp Hill.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Vibra Rehabilitation Center, Vibralife, and Fox Subacute at Mechanicsburg.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 156 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Naval Inventory Control Point, Liberty Forge Golf Course, and Best Western Plantation Inn.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 148 churches nearby, including First Church of God, Church of the Brethren, and Country & Town Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,154, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,716, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,962, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.48%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17055 has an average population density of 821.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.78%.