Senior Living in 17056 (Mexico, PA)
- 17056 scores the same as the Mexico, PA average of 75.
- 17056 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17056 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Locust Grove Retirement Village, Brookline Manor and Rehabilitative Services, and Pine Creek Personal Care Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 3 golf courses nearby, including Lost Creek Golf Club, Indian Run Golf Course, and Lewistown Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Buttonwood Campground)..
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, Dial-A-Prayer, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,560, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,906, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,251, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.94%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17056 has a dense population density of 1,523.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.