Senior Living in 17061 (Millersburg, PA)
- 17061 scores the same as the Millersburg, PA average of 66.
- 17061 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17061 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Manor at Susquehanna Village, Polk Personal Care, and Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Harrisburg North Public Golf, Country Club of Harrisburg, and Colonial Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, Fort Halifax Park, and Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Queen of Peace Catholic Church, Brethren in Christ Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,995, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,004, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,432, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.78%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17061 has a sparse population density of 209.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.78%.