Senior Living in 17064 (Mount Gretna, PA)
- 17064 scores the same as the Mount Gretna, PA average of 89.
- 17064 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17064 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lebanon Va Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Philhaven, Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Cornwall Manor, and Elmcroft of Lebanon - Pennsylvania.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (53% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Fairview Golf Course, Iron Valley Golf Club, and Royal Oaks Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including PA Dutch Country RV Resort, Union Canal Tunnel Park, and Wolf Sanctuary of PA.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Smoker John L, Ulrich Cd, and Kinney George G.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,036, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,107, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $45,113, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.27%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17064 has an average population density of 544.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.12%.