Senior Living in 17066 (Mount Union, PA)
- 17066 scores the same as the Mount Union, PA average of 61.
- 17066 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17066 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Woodland Retirement Community and Stonehedge Retirement Home)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including American Legion Country Club, Standing Stone Golf Club, and Lewistown Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Agape Farm, Tabernacle Church of God, and Allenport Methodist Parsonage.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.27% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,654, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,797, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,572, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.46%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17066 has a sparse population density of 167.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.05%.