Senior Living in 17070 (New Cumberland, PA)
- 17070 scores the same as the New Cumberland, PA average of 83.
- 17070 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17070 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Pinnacle Health Hospitals, Harrisburg State Hospital, and Holy Spirit Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including The Woods at Cedar Run, Essex House, and ManorCare Health Services-Camp Hill.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 101 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Riverview Golf Club, Dauphin Highlands Golf Course, and West Shore Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Reservoir Park)..
- There are 215 churches nearby, including St Theresa\'s Church Rectory, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and New Life Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,487, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,411, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,885, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.71%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17070 has an average population density of 1,170.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.26%.