Senior Living in 17071 (New Germantown, PA)
- 17071 scores the same as the New Germantown, PA average of 68.
- 17071 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17071 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Stonehedge Retirement Home, Aprontree Large Personal Care Home, and Swaim Health Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including American Legion Country Club, Carlisle Barracks Golf Course, and Penn-Del Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Fowlers Hollow State Park, Colonel Denning State Park, and Dogwood Acres Campground.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Zion Lutheran Church, East Waterford Presbyterian, and Newburg First Church of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $31,038, which is in the top 98% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,958, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,347, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17071 has a very sparse population density of 13.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 50.00%.