Senior Living in 17072 (New Kingstown, PA)
- 17072 scores the same as the New Kingstown, PA average of 82.
- 17072 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17072 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Healthsouth Rehabilitation).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including The Bridges at Bent Creek, Fox Subacute at Mechanicsburg, and Claremont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center .
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Armitage Golf Course, Rich Valley Golf, and Silver Spring Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Trinity United Methodist Chr, St Stephen Lutheran Church, and Emmanuel Baptist Christian.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,464, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,938, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,391, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17072 has a dense population density of 2,880.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.