Senior Living in 17078 (Palmyra, PA)
- 17078 scores the same as the Palmyra, PA average of 76.
- 17078 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17078 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Milton S Hershey Medical Center).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Lebanon Valley Brethren Home, Twin Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Traditions of Hershey.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Spring Creek Golf Course, Hotel Hershey Golf Course, and East Course at Hershey Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Hershey Gardens and Union Canal Tunnel Park).
- There are 45 churches nearby, including Church of the Holy Spirit, Palm Lutheran Church, and Church of the Brethren.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,286, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,871, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,853, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.99%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17078 has an average population density of 667.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.47%.