Senior Living in 17082 (Port Royal, PA)
- 17082 scores the same as the Port Royal, PA average of 71.
- 17082 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17082 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lewistown Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Locust Grove Retirement Village, Brookline Manor and Rehabilitative Services, and Pine Creek Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Lost Creek Golf Club, Lewistown Country Club, and Indian Run Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Buttonwood Campground)..
- There are 33 churches nearby, including International Society, Dial-A-Prayer, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,937, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,893, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,626, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.11%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17082 has a very sparse population density of 61.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.90%.