Senior Living in 17084 (Reedsville, PA)
- 17084 scores the same as the Reedsville, PA average of 74.
- 17084 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17084 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lewistown Hospital and Meadows Psychiatric Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Elmcroft of Reedsville, Golden Livingcenter - William Penn, and Valley View Retirement Community.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Lewistown Country Club, State College Elks Country Club, and Standing Stone Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Penn-Roosevelt State Park, Seven Mountains Campground, and Greenwood Furnace State Park.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Warner Gary C, Pine Glen Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, and Donahey Darvin C.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.27% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,849, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,000, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,178, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.44%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17084 has a sparse population density of 135.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.68%.