Senior Living in 17088 (Schaefferstown, PA)
- 17088 scores the same as the Schaefferstown, PA average of 83.
- 17088 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17088 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lebanon Va Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Philhaven, Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Stoneridge Towne Centre, Juniper Village at Lebanon, and StoneRidge Popular Run.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Foxchase Golf Club, Lebanon Valley Golf Course, and Lebanon Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Wolf Sanctuary of PA and Conrad Weiser Homestead).
- There are 54 churches nearby, including St Luke Lutheran Church, Saint Paul\'s United Church, and Millcreek Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,490, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,765, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,288, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.92%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17088 has a sparse population density of 450.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.85%.