Senior Living in 17090 (Shermans Dale, PA)
- 17090 scores the same as the Shermans Dale, PA average of 74.
- 17090 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17090 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Carlisle Regional Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including The Manor at Perry Village, Stonebridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Claremont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center .
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Mayapple Golf Links, Rocky Meadows Golf Course, and Cumberland Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Little Buffalo State Park)..
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Shermans Dale United Methodist, Perry Alliance Church, and Tyson Thomas E.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,856, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,292, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,876, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17090 has a sparse population density of 154.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.45%.