Senior Living in 17098 (Williamstown, PA)
- 17098 scores the same as the Williamstown, PA average of 65.
- 17098 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17098 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Blue Mountain View Golf Course, and Manada Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa and Swatara State Park).
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart of Jesus, Williamstown United Meth Chr, and St Peters United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,813, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,449, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,745, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.95%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17098 has a sparse population density of 259.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.29%.