Senior Living in 17113 (Harrisburg, PA)
- 17113 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Harrisburg, PA.
- 17113 scores higher than the Harrisburg, PA average of 72.
- 17113 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17113 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Pinnacle Health Hospitals, Harrisburg State Hospital, and Pinnaclehealth System.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center , Greenfield Senior Living at Graysonview, and Ecumenical Community.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Dauphin Highlands Golf Course, Riverview Golf Club, and West Shore Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Reservoir Park)..
- There are 273 churches nearby, including St Johns Lutheran Church, Prince-Peace Church, and Salem Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,680, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,406, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,795, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.57%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17113 has a dense population density of 2,520.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.50%.