Senior Living in 17201 (Chambersburg, PA)
- 17201 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Chambersburg, PA.
- 17201 scores lower than the Chambersburg, PA average of 73.
- 17201 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17201 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Chambersburg Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Morrow House, Providence Place of Chambersburg, and The Shook Home and the Quarters at Shook.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Rocky Spring Golf Course, Majestic Ridge Golf Club, and Chambersburg Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Snavely\'s Garden Corner)..
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Bethel Assembly of God, Abundant Life Chapel, and Salem United Brethren Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,129, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,524, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,192, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.68%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17201 has an average population density of 1,335.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.87%.