Senior Living in 17210 (Amberson, PA)
- 17210 scores the same as the Amberson, PA average of 75.
- 17210 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17210 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Aprontree Large Personal Care Home, Stonehedge Retirement Home, and Shippensburg Health Care Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Rocky Spring Golf Course, American Legion Country Club, and Majestic Ridge Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Fowlers Hollow State Park)..
- There are 5 churches nearby, including New Hope United Methodist Chr, Newburg First Church of God, and Blue Mountain Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,560, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,607, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,756, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17210 has a very sparse population density of 16.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.72%.