Senior Living in 17211 (Artemas, PA)
- 17211 scores the same as the Artemas, PA average of 70.
- 17211 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17211 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (War Memorial Hospital).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort, Bedford Elks Golf Club, and Bedford Springs Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Billmeyer Wildlife Management Area, Sideling Hill Wildlife Management Area, and Green Ridge State Forest.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Peoples Assembly of God, St Thomas Episcopal Church, and Hancock United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,721, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,417, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,698, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.75%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17211 has a very sparse population density of 14.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.69%.