Senior Living in 17222 (Fayetteville, PA)
- 17222 scores the same as the Fayetteville, PA average of 80.
- 17222 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17222 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Chambersburg Hospital and Waynesboro Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel Care Nursing and Rehab, Piney Court Apartments, and Michaux Manor.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Conocodell Golf Club, Caledonia Golf Club, and Founders Course at Penn National Golf Club & Inn.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Caledonia Golf Club, Caledonia State Park, and Mont Alto State Park.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Brownsville Church of God, Calvary Mennonite School, and Cornerstone Church of Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,964, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,069, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,182, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.22%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17222 has a sparse population density of 183.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.95%.