Senior Living in 17223 (Fort Littleton, PA)
- 17223 scores the same as the Fort Littleton, PA average of 75.
- 17223 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17223 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Fulton County Medical Center and Fulton County Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Leisure Living Retirement Home, Greystone Manor Retirement Home, and Fulton County Medical Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Great Cove Golf Recreation, Rocky Spring Golf Course, and Majestic Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Historic Burnt Cabins Grist Mill and Cowans Gap State Park).
- There are 2 churches nearby (Trinity Church of Christ and Stump Robert E).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.17% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,172, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,771, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,227, which is in the top 88% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.54%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17223 has a very sparse population density of 26.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.86%.