Senior Living in 17225 (Greencastle, PA)
- 17225 scores the same as the Greencastle, PA average of 78.
- 17225 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17225 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Meritus Medical Center, Brook Lane Health Services, and Western Maryland Center.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Hills Retirement Community, Charlotte\'s Home II, and Mennonite Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Greencastle Greens Golf Club, Whitetail Golf Resort, and Blackrock Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Enoch Brown Memorial Park, Keystone RV Center, and Snavely\'s Garden Corner.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Upton Church of Brethren, Maugansville Bible Brethren, and Salem Reformed Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,225, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,083, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,950, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17225 has a sparse population density of 231.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.58%.