Senior Living in 17228 (Harrisonville, PA)
- 17228 scores the same as the Harrisonville, PA average of 69.
- 17228 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17228 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Fulton County Medical Center and Fulton County Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Fulton County Medical Center, Leisure Living Retirement Home, and Greystone Manor Retirement Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Great Cove Golf Recreation, Down River Golf Course, and Whitetail Golf Resort.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Breezewood Campgrounds, Cowans Gap State Park, and Buchanan\'s Birthplace State Park.
- There is 1 church nearby (Trinity Church of Christ)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.17% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,267, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,260, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,365, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.87%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17228 has a very sparse population density of 41.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.71%.