Senior Living in 17237 (Mont Alto, PA)
- 17237 scores the same as the Mont Alto, PA average of 76.
- 17237 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17237 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Waynesboro Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Michaux Manor, Quincy Retirement Community, and The Leland of Laurel Run.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including South Mountain Golf Course, Waynesboro Municipal Golf Course, and Waynesboro Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Mont Alto State Park, Caledonia Golf Club, and Caledonia State Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Brownsville Church of God, Calvary Mennonite School, and First Church of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,390, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,828, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,319, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17237 has an average population density of 661.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.90%.