Senior Living in 17238 (Needmore, PA)
- 17238 scores the same as the Needmore, PA average of 70.
- 17238 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17238 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Fulton County Medical Center, Greystone Manor Retirement Home, and War Memorial Hospital.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Whitetail Golf Resort, Great Cove Golf Recreation, and Down River Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Buchanan\'s Birthplace State Park and Longview Campground).
- There is 1 church nearby (Ramins K)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.17% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,683, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,681, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,424, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.86%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17238 has a very sparse population density of 32.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.93%.