Senior Living in 17240 (Newburg, PA)
- 17240 scores the same as the Newburg, PA average of 67.
- 17240 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17240 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Shippensburg Health Care Center, Elmcroft of Shippensburg, and Aprontree Large Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Rocky Spring Golf Course, Chambersburg Country Club, and Majestic Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Fowlers Hollow State Park and Dogwood Acres Campground).
- There are 30 churches nearby, including New Hope United Methodist Chr, Newburg First Church of God, and Blue Mountain Assembly of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,307, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,845, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,519, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17240 has a very sparse population density of 69.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.36%.