Senior Living in 17241 (Newville, PA)
- 17241 scores the same as the Newville, PA average of 72.
- 17241 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17241 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Carlisle Regional Medical Ctr).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Swaim Health Center, Elmcroft of Shippensburg, and Shippensburg Health Care Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Penn-Del Golf Course, Carlisle Barracks Golf Course, and Carlisle Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Dogwood Acres Campground, Colonel Denning State Park, and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Zion Evangelical Lutheran Chr, First United Presbyterian Chr, and Newville Assembly of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,449, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,336, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,243, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.78%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17241 has a sparse population density of 105.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.54%.