Senior Living in 17257 (Shippensburg, PA)
- 17257 scores the same as the Shippensburg, PA average of 64.
- 17257 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17257 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Manor Adult Community, Shippensburg Health Care Center, and Elmcroft of Shippensburg.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Conocodell Golf Club, Founders Course at Penn National Golf Club & Inn, and Caledonia Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Michaux State Forest and Caledonia State Park).
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Church of the Brethren, Mongul United Brethren Church, and Prince St United Brethren Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,622, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,819, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,058, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.50%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17257 has a sparse population density of 238.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.61%.