Senior Living in 17262 (Spring Run, PA)
- 17262 scores the same as the Spring Run, PA average of 60.
- 17262 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17262 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Aprontree Large Personal Care Home, Woodland Retirement Community, and Stonehedge Retirement Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Rocky Spring Golf Course, Great Cove Golf Recreation, and Majestic Ridge Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Historic Burnt Cabins Grist Mill)..
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Stump Robert E, New Hope United Methodist Chr, and Newburg First Church of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,531, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,941, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,186, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.48%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17262 has a very sparse population density of 54.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 63.72%.