Senior Living in 17263 (State Line, PA)
- 17263 scores the same as the State Line, PA average of 89.
- 17263 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17263 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Meritus Medical Center, Brook Lane Health Services, and Western Maryland Center.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including NMS Healthcare of Hagerstown, Charlotte\'s Home II, and Mennonite Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Greencastle Greens Golf Club, Fountain Head Country Club, and Blackrock Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Keystone RV Center, Snavely\'s Garden Corner, and Fairgrounds Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Maugansville Bible Brethren, Salem Reformed Church, and Upton Church of Brethren.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,471, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,182, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,965, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17263 has an average population density of 1,326.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.31%.