Senior Living in 17266 (Walnut Bottom, PA)
- 17266 scores the same as the Walnut Bottom, PA average of 72.
- 17266 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17266 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Elmcroft of Shippensburg, Shippensburg Health Care Center, and Country Manor Adult Community.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Carlisle Barracks Golf Course, Carlisle Country Club, and Penn-Del Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission)..
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Trinity Methodist Church, Mongul United Brethren Church, and Prince St United Brethren Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,837, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,750, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,931, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.98%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17266 has a sparse population density of 431.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.13%.