Senior Living in 17268 (Waynesboro, PA)
- 17268 scores the same as the Waynesboro, PA average of 74.
- 17268 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17268 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Waynesboro Hospital, Meritus Medical Center, and Brook Lane Health Services.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including The Leland of Laurel Run, Hearthstone Retirement Home, and Quincy Retirement Community.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Waynesboro Municipal Golf Course, Waynesboro Country Club, and South Mountain Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Mont Alto State Park)..
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Regenold Robert L, Paramount Baptist Church, and Maranatha Brethren Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,489, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,050, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,065, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.55%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17268 has a sparse population density of 357.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.37%.