Senior Living in 17301 (Abbottstown, PA)
- 17301 scores the same as the Abbottstown, PA average of 76.
- 17301 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17301 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Hanover Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Skills of Central Pa, Serene Manor, and Pine Run Retirement Community.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Bridges Golf Club, The, Hanover Country Club, and Hickory Heights Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 45 churches nearby, including Immaculate Heart of Mary, The Gettysburg Messenger, and Lusk Larry L.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,705, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,526, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,882, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17301 has a sparse population density of 308.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.96%.