Senior Living in 17304 (Aspers, PA)
- 17304 scores the same as the Aspers, PA average of 71.
- 17304 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17304 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including SpiriTrust Lutheran - The Village at Gettysburg , Transitions Healthcare Gettysburg, and Golden LivingCenter - Gettysburg.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Links at Gettysburg, Gettysburg Country Club, and Cedar Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Mountain Creek Camp Ground and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission).
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Jesus Is Lord Academy, Luz Alegria Y Esperanza Bic, and Mt Holly Springs United Meth.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,088, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,291, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,092, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.53%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17304 has a sparse population density of 126.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.53%.