Senior Living in 17307 (Biglerville, PA)
- 17307 scores the same as the Biglerville, PA average of 75.
- 17307 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17307 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Piney Court Apartments, Laurel Care Nursing and Rehab, and Golden LivingCenter - Gettysburg.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Founders Course at Penn National Golf Club & Inn, Conocodell Golf Club, and Caledonia Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Michaux State Forest, Caledonia State Park, and Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Jesus Is Lord Academy, Brownsville Church of God, and Heritage Assembly of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,468, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,198, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,609, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.76%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17307 has a very sparse population density of 99.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.51%.