Senior Living in 17317 (East Prospect, PA)
- 17317 scores the same as the East Prospect, PA average of 74.
- 17317 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17317 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York and Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Susquehanna Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, St John\'s Herr Estate, and St Anne\'s Retirement Community.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Cool Creek Country Club, Red Lion Country Club, and Heritage Hills Golf Resort.
- There is 1 park nearby (Samuel S. Lewis State Park)..
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Zion United Methodist Church, Calvary Bible Church, and Grace United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,474, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,889, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,844, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.97%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17317 has a dense population density of 3,326.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.97%.