Senior Living in 17319 (Etters, PA)
- 17319 scores the same as the Etters, PA average of 80.
- 17319 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17319 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Pinnacle Health Hospitals and Harrisburg State Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Middletown Home, The Middletown Home, and Frey Village.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Valley Green Golf Course, Riverview Golf Club, and Dauphin Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA and Gifford Pinchot State Park).
- There are 127 churches nearby, including Paddletown-St Paul\'s United, Fishing Creek Salem United, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,687, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,304, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,448, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.64%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17319 has an average population density of 600.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.57%.