Senior Living in 17320 (Fairfield, PA)
- 17320 scores the same as the Fairfield, PA average of 76.
- 17320 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17320 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mountain Manor Treatment Ctr, Waynesboro Hospital, and Gettysburg Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Comfort Care, Hillside Rest Home, and St. Joseph\'s Ministries.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Mountain View Golf Resort, Carroll Valley Golf Resort, and South Mountain Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Granite Hill Camping Resort, Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA, and National Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, Elias Evangelical Lutheran, and Tom\'s Creek United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,161, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,833, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,804, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.55%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17320 has a sparse population density of 140.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.43%.