Senior Living in 17321 (Fawn Grove, PA)
- 17321 scores the same as the Fawn Grove, PA average of 70.
- 17321 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17321 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Hart Heritage Estate, Sunshine Acres, and Shrewsbury Courtyards.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Pleasant Valley Golf Club, Geneva Farm Golf Club, and Greystone Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Eden Mill Nature Center, Rocks State Park, and Susquehannock State Park.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Fawn United Methodist Church, Centre Presbyterian Church, and Fawn Grove-chr of Nazarene.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,090, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,750, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,918, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.60%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17321 has a sparse population density of 137.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.91%.